Schoolly D is a Hip-Hop pioneer credited as being the first gangsta rapper. From the 80s to now his career is vast and varied and includes gangsta themed albums like “Schoolly D” & “Saturday Night – The Album”, Afrocentic album such as “Am I Black Enough for You?” & “How a Black Man Feels”, and film and television work such as “King Of New York” & “Aqua Teen Hunger Force”. Our full convo with Schoolly drops next week, so stay tuned in to channel10podcast.com. For now check out the preview of this epic episode.
– Being an artist
– NWA movie and his own biopic
– How he and his contemporaries changed the world
– Growing up in a family band
– The influence on drugs in music throughout the years
– Being a black man in America